Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chris McCoy's Track Day Fund: Help Chris and Donate Now!

Barring better judgment, I just spent more than half my salary on 6 track days at Pacific Track Time (PTT).  For $895.00, you can go to six regular track time events.  Assuming each track day is typically $180, you get a savings of roughly $1080-$895 = $185 or 1 trackday!  Cool!  But I'm hoping my fans can help support my trackday riding via sponsorship (read on to see the benefits):



Thanks to my current sponsors:
  1. Sarah Wodin Schwartz ($10)
  2. The McCoys ($395 from the sale of their couch set)
  3. Who's next?

Sponsor a Student: Chris's Track Day Fund!

So because this hobby is a bit expensive, I could use help!  If a generous donor is willing to sponsor me for $XX / lap at the various raceways I'll be riding (Thunderhill, Reno/Fernley, Buttonwillow), I'll throw your company's decal on my bike.  The person or company with the most generous sponsorship will get the biggest and most visible advertising spots.  Here is my expected performance:


Benefits to you:
  • Exposure to a targeted market - Advertising comes from the pictures they take of us on the track (GotBlueMilk.com).  I'll buy the images and post them to this blog.  You tell your clients, friends, etc. that you've sponsored a UC Berkeley mechanical engineer to fund his favorite hobby: motorcycle racing.  I'll continue to post articles relevant to motorcycle racing, racing technology, and other motorcycle news giving your company logo continued exposure.
  • Feel good - you give a student the opportunity to explore his passion for motorcycle racing and watch him apply his mechanical engineering skills to drive faster around the race track!
  • Learn Something - I plan on posting my learned riding skills, maintenance tricks, and other fun topics.

Pacific Track Time has a new website!
Pacific Track Time just recently updated their website to make managing your trackdays' dates / times better.  Once they've cleaned out a couple minor glitches, should make buying trackdays a breeze (minus the handing over the money part).

Please Donate Now:


I'll try to find PayPal donation methods and import them into this blog.  Otherwise, you can always e-mail me or comment if you or your company might be interested!

Thanks in advance.  Look forward to a great season!

p.s. I learned how to create a PayPal Donate button through this cool (blog)


No comments:

Post a Comment